Here are a few tips to help you prepare and get the most from your photo shoot:
- Your baby or toddler needs to be water happy so we recommend that your little one has had some form of swimming instruction before you book into one of our underwater photo shoots.
- We have an experienced baby handler present at every Waterbubs Photo shoot. They are qualified Swim Instructors and ensure your baby is comfortable in the water. Prepare your baby by taking them swimming regularly.
- Give yourself time to get ready. We advise arriving 15 minutes before your photo shoot time. We require an adult to be in the water with each little swimmer, unless they are old enough and have the confidence to swim by themselves.
- For the photo shoot we recommend that your children swim without the aid of goggles. If your child is used to wearing goggles why not practice beforehand using games that encourage them to open their eyes underwater. Such as counting fingers being held up underwater or dropping sinkers for them to dive down and pick up.
- As an option, we offer a great selection of dressing up costumes for your baby’s use. Alternatively, bring along your little one’s favourite costume… they look great underwater!
- You are welcome to have your baby photographed naked for a more natural look providing the swim school is happy to do so.
- We love for the whole family to join in and get a group photograph with their little swimmer. Here are few tips for you parents to help prepare for your underwater portrait:
- Relax; photo shoots are fun, look natural and smile. Try not to blow bubbles.
- Make sure you have your eyes open & you are looking at your child (and not at the camera)
- Waterproof mascara is a wonderful thing, so don’t forget to wear yours.
- Long hair looks gorgeous worn loose.
- Don’t forget to remove your contact lens.
- We have noticed that in New Zealand Mum’s love to wear t-shirts in the water to keep toastie. We recommend you remove them for your family shot, (if you are comfortable to) as skin looks beautiful and more natural underwater.
Important medical information:
We love to capture great images but more importantly we like to promote children to have a love for the water and enjoy it as a safe and fun environment. It is of great importance to ensure that our photo shoots are a fun experience for both the child and the parent.
Waterbubs reserves the right to cut the photo shoot short if we believe that your baby is distressed or not fit enough to complete the session.
Waterbubs Guarantee: We are more than happy to offer you the opportunity to attend another Waterbubs photo shoot completely free of charge if you are not completely thrilled by your session or portrait.